Loading Dock Safety Products
Loading Dock Safety Products
At LGA Garage Door Service, we prioritize safety above all else. We offer a comprehensive range of loading dock safety products, designed to create secure and efficient environments for both workers and equipment.
We offer two primary categories of safety solutions: Safety Barriers and Light Communication Systems.
To enhance safety at a loading dock when there is no truck present but the door is open, it's crucial to have proper barriers in place to prevent potential accidents, such as forklifts accidentally falling off the edge.
We offer two effective options at LGA Garage Door Service: A Bar Lift Barrier and Barrier Lip Leveler.
Bar Lift Barrier
Key Features of the Bar Lift Barrier
- Independent Safety System: Provides added safety at the dock edge, preventing accidents.
- Versatile Use: Suitable for docks without levelers, offering protection to forklifts.
- Easy Operation: Operates using simple, easily available 115V/1PH power, powered by a 1.5 HP self-contained power unit. An intuitive control panel ensures straightforward operation.
- Overhead Door Protection: Customizable options available to protect the bottom panel of overhead doors.
Barrier Lip Leveler
Key Features of the Barrier Lip Leveler
- Easy Integration: Easily added to any hydraulic or air dock leveler, enhancing safety.
- Full-Time Protection: Provides continuous protection, even during end loading operations.
- Efficient Debris Handling: Features an expanded steel metal grid that helps maintain cleanliness by allowing debris to fall through or be swept into the pit area.
- Customizable Control: Offers complete availability of optional features, including control panels with auto return to dock, independent lip control, and emergency stop buttons for hydraulic levelers.
Light Communication Systems
Light Communication Systems provide clear communication between truck drivers and dock personnel, ensuring safe and efficient operations. We offer three types of Light Communication Systems: Dock Alert, iDock Alert, or Edge Lights, McGuire has you covered.
Key Features of the Dock Alert
- High Visibility Signs: Standard "Caution. Pull in or out on Green Only" signs enhance safety and communication.
- Exterior Durability: The exterior polypropylene housing is corrosion-resistant, and integral sun visors over red/green lights extend visibility.
- Dual Activation: Manual activation via a "flip" switch on the interior control panel or optional automatic activation with a solid-state sensor.
- Cost-Effective Communication: The system uses inside and outside red/green lights that always flash in opposing mode, ensuring safe communication between truck drivers and dock attendants.
Key Features of the iDock Alert
- High Visibility Signs Are a Standard Part of the iDock Alert.
- A means to Safely Communicate Trailer Positioning That Is Cost Effective Yet Dependable.
- Interactive Message Display: The iDock Alert Light Communication System features an interactive message display that provides operators with real-time information, equipment status, maintenance history, and more.
- Exterior Light System Is Designed for Maximum Durability and Visibility.
- Availability of Sensors: The system can integrate various sensors to monitor critical conditions, such as truck positioning, door status, or restraint engagement.
- Exterior polypropylene housing will not rust, pit, or corrode. The shallow depth of the unit helps to protect from incoming trailers. A yellow housing is highly visible, and the usage of integral eyebrow-type sun visors over the red/green lights creates extended visibility.
Key Features of the Edge Lights
- Fault Light: Edge Lights include a middle amber light that illuminates in case of restraint faults or when controls are in bypass mode. This signals dock workers to proceed with caution, ensuring safety even during system issues.
- Interior Communication: Integrated with vehicle restraint controls, Edge Lights serve as a clear visual indicator to dock workers, conveying proper restraint engagement and safety for entering the trailer. This enhances communication and loading safety at the dock.
Find Out More About Dock Bumpers